Tuesday, October 19, 2010

DoS against Twitter

In August of 2009 Twitter was hit by a DoS attack. With a social site like this, the only reason I could possibly think of a someone committing this attack is because it is high profile. It would be a great chance to earn bragging rights while only causing the company itself real issues.

Now hurting a company just for bragging rights, especially one that has such a tenuous grasp on how to make a profit (sure the site is neat and all but how do you convert that into currency?). If I were to speculate, and that is precisely what I am preparing to do, I would have to question whether it would behoove other social media sites to try and hurt the emergence of a new kid on the block. Purely speculation.

Overall this seems like a huge annoyance, I can't really justify having the feds look into it, I think a group of independents would be better off following the trail. DoS them once you find them, sweet revenge.


Denial-of-Service Attack Knocks Twitter Offline. (2009, 08 5). Retrieved 10 17, 2010, from Wired: http://www.wired.com/epicenter/2009/08/twitter-apparently-down/

No comments:

Post a Comment